Registration for Spring and Summer 2023 season booking dates (Apr-Aug) is now OPEN! Please go to Vancouver Recreation Portal, and search “Gym/Play-Gym” to see a listing of all our available booking dates that you can register for. Note that there are now limited bookings available – be sure to get your spot today!
For immediate assistance, please call the front desk at 604-718-8200 ext. 1.
The Transfer/Cancellation Policies for the Killarney Community Centre are as follows:
- An administrative charge of $5 will be applied to all refund requests.
- The refund rate is as follows:
- 1 month’s notice: full refund
- 2 weeks’ notice: 50% refund
- Less than one week’s notice: no refund
- If notification is not received by the stated time, the payee will forfeit all or some of the monies already paid.
- Refunds will be made and may take up to 2 weeks for delivery.
- Bookings that are made within a week of their party date must be pre-approved by scheduling staff before confirmation of their party slot.
- The Killarney Community Centre reserves the right to cancel a party, when necessary. In this event, the payee will receive notice at least 72 hours prior to the party date and all monies paid will be refunded.
The Food Policy for the Killarney Community Centre is as follows:
- If the party group uses the kitchen facility, they must supply their own linens, utensils, soap, dish towels, cloths, etc.
- The party group may heat precooked food only if serving food. They may not cook food on the premises, and may not bring in heating equipment of any kind to use on the premises.
- The party group may use outside caterers to serve food on the Centre’s property during the party.
- If the kitchen is available for the party group to use, they must provide their own kitchenware.
- NO ALCOHOL or any substance containing alcohol may be brought in to or consumed on the premises.
The Set Up and Clean Up Policy for the Killarney Community Centre is as follows:
- The party group may not enter the party space before the agreed upon time. They should take into consideration the time they require for set up and clean up and include this in the party time. A party group may not stay longer than the agreed times.
- In addition to the party time, up to 45 minutes prior to the party and up to 45 minutes after the party will be scheduled for set up and clean up.
- The party group must report to the staff at the start and end of the party period. All participants in the party must follow the directions of the staff on shift, who is in charge of the building.
- Tables and chairs will be set up for the party, as long as the approximate number of attendees is indicated. All decorations must be taken down at the end of the party. Packing tape and Duct tape removes paint and damages the walls, therefore, the party group must bring and use their own Painter’s tape only. Note: the Centre will NOT supply party hosts with any tape.
- The party group is responsible for the clean-up of all food items in the party (this includes all take-out containers for food like pizza boxes). The party group must leave the space clean and tidy and on time.
The Other Terms for the Killarney Community Centre are as follows:
- Killarney does not permit any Third Party contractors (i.e. mascots, party performers, animals) or major equipment to operate during birthday parties.
- You will NOT receive any follow-up calls unless this form contains incomplete information.
- The party group is responsible for ensuring that the attendance at the party does not exceed the maximum number of people allowed in the space.
- The following items are NOT permitted on premises: alcohol and helium balloons.
- Piñatas are allowed but parents are responsible for supervising the children while the piñata is in use. Party hosts are NOT permitted to hook/mount piñatas to the basketball hooks or walls. Party hosts are responsible for bringing in their own equipment to facilitate all piñata activities.
- SMOKING is NOT permitted anywhere in and/or on the grounds of the Killarney Community Centre.
- A party group found to be in breach of this agreement may be asked to leave the premises and forfeit all payments made.
- The cost of repairing any damage to the Centre or equipment caused by any participant in the party, including the cost of extra janitorial services will be charged to the party group.
- Mandatory parent participation is required for my event; Killarney staff are not responsible for the supervision of the children attending the party.
- Any modifications to your booking must be approved and emailed to email@example.com up to 72 hours before your reservation time.