Killarney Outdoor Summer Daycamp @ Nanaimo Park
Runs for 7 weeks starting July 20 to Sept 4, 2020
Get ready for a summer of 100% outdoor fun and adventure! Activities will include sports, cooperative games, arts & crafts, theatre, dance parties, entertainers and special guests! We will also go on walking out-trips to explore nature and the great outdoors.
Please note: Children will be divided into pods of 5 and will have a designated leader all week. The day camp will operate rain or shine. All activities and out trips will be held outdoors within walking distance of the camps home base, no public transit or charter buses will be used.
- Parents/Guardians will receive an email of the Parent Communication/Policy manual and forms prior to camp, outlining camp expectations and guidelines.
- Children must have completed kindergarten and be eligible for grade 1 in order to register for camp.
- Outdoor day camps will operate rain or shine unless there is an Environmental Canada Weather Warning. Please refer to Refund Policy below.
- Children should dress appropriately for the weather. Please remember: bathing suit, hat, sunscreen, rain gear, lunch & snack, and water.
- Prior to camp, parents/guardians will receive an email with the Parent Communication & Policy Manual (including mandatory waiver/forms), outlining camp expectations and guidelines. These documents need to be handed in on the first day of camp or your child will not be able to attend.
- Parents/guardians must sign-in/out their child at drop-off & pick up and complete the daily health screening questionnaire or the child will not be able to participate in the day’s activities.
- Children are required to be dropped off no earlier or picked up no later than the official camp time. Penalty may apply.
Your Camp is located at: Nanaimo Park, 2390 E 46th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Killarney Community Centre
Killarney Community Centre Society Outdoor Summer Daycamp Refund Policy:
21 days or more: $5.00 admin fee, 8-20 days: 75% will be refunded + $5.00 admin fee, 7 days or less: 50% will be refunded + $5.00 admin fee, no refunds after first day of camp registered. Outdoor day camps will operate rain or shine unless there is an Environmental Canada Weather Warning (ie. heat wave, lightning, etc.). For refund requests, please contact email@example.com or call 604-257-3050 (ext. 2) between 9am-4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Participant Sick Policy
- Parents and caregivers must pick up their child promptly once notified that their child is ill.
- All parents, caregivers, children and staff who have symptoms of COVID-19 OR traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days OR were identified by Public Health as a close contact of a confirmed case must stay home and self-isolate.
- Parents and caregivers must assess their child daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before sending them to day camp.
- A child may still receive care if another person in their home has symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease, but they remain asymptomatic.
- Children who are ill, including children of essential service providers, will not be permitted to attend day camp.
- Daily checks for respiratory illness at drop-off by asking parents and caregivers to confirm that the child does not have symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other respiratory disease.
- If a parent, caregiver or staff member is unsure if they or a child should self-isolate, they should be directed to use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool, contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit. They can also be advised to contact a family physician or nurse practitioner to be assessed for COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
- Parents are required to fill out a daily screening form upon arrival and before entering the day camp area.
Online @ Vancouver Recreation
Creekside Clerks @ 604-257-3050 (ext. 2) between 9am-4:30pm Monday to Friday